Saturday, October 27, 2007

Pimp My Ride


Officially i'm pimpin up my car!!!
Added some sort of equipment to the engine, actually i still have no idea how does it work.

So yeah, a fren of my dad suggested to install this 'thingy'. So-called to increase pick-up,reduce petrol consumption and making the driving smoother. And yes, it cost 180 bucks. Its called a vacuum i suppose. Not like it makes any difference.

He's been quite persistent and persuasive tho. Being a salesman cum mechanic that he is. I was home alone and taking my usual long naps. He blardy woke me up by pressing the doorbell like gazillion times! I dun think i'm in the conscious mind during his first 'visit'. Then i was completely awake and aware of his second visit. I looked from the window, saw a man i dont recognise.

Guess what? I went back to sleep. lol. No point answering to a stranger when probably he's looking for my dad and he's not at home.

Of course its annoying, but i think after a few visits, he gets the point that there's really 'no one' at home. But anyhow, moments later my dad came back and asked me to come down and have a look how is the process of him installing it.

Yup, i guess my dad already decided to install that 'thingy' on my iswara/saga(i'm still confused which 1 is it, since on the official paper its written as Iswara but at the back its named as Saga).

Here's the modification he made

He relocated and added the tubes from the carburetor(i think, lol. i'm not the person knowing alot bout cars). He pointed to me that there's actually a tiny hole which are not in use at all. So the hole is utilized by adding the tube and linked it to the vacuum (the one in the left red circle, of course not the whole thing, its just a small part). Therefor it increase the performance of the airflow. It goes the same on the right, rewired few of the tubes. Connecting it here and there which i have no idea at all.

Damn, that sounded very risky for not knowing much bout it.

"It will increase the speed greatly. So dun go speeding out there. After installing this, this 1.3cc will feel like 1.6cc"

Yeah rite. Its only one small adjustment. As he goes on blabbering bout another customer of his installed 2 of it, and its able to outrun a Honda Civic

And now for the real test drive of it. The ignition of the engine was quite alrite i suppose. The RPM meter retains at 1000 even after i turned on my air cond.
As for the speed. It wasnt such a big difference, but yeah, it did have a slight boost. Probably bout 5-10%. Not sure bout the petrol consumption tho, will find out soon enough during my next petrol refill.

Since we're talkin bout cars, here's one of the song which stucked in my head now. I got it from the Blaupunkt advertisement. The one with the bass stereo and pink and bear hopping at the back. Lol. Its definitely a censored version here in Malaysia as they were actually humping each other at the back instead of hopping.

Here's the vid clip. Aint the nicest video around, i just like the song :)


0 comment(s):