Sunday, June 01, 2008

Being Penangite BRATs For 4 Days

Laughter, stress, drowsiness, boredom, fatigue, andof course wackiness.
Those are the words to describe the recent BRATs Penang workshop i seniored. If only by a word, i would say laughter.

Among the few workshops I've seniored, this one really cracks me up. As usual with BRATs workshops, this one filled with various participants of colourful personalities.
You have the energetic 1, the laughing 1, the 'blond' 1, the blur 1(actually in brats, we have loads of them), the quiet 1, the lost 1, the sleepy 1, the emo 1...and the list goes on.

Not gonna elaborate much bout the programmes they went thru, as probably the rest of BRATs already blogged that out.
To have a little fun, lets make this post a little different.

10 Things You Should Know About The Penang Brats Workshop 2008

#1
First thing came to anyone's mind when being informed bout goin for Penang BRATs: "Wow, I'm sure you get to try loads of good food there!"
These poor participants were crying out loud of wanting to eat Penang food everyday k. Cause all meals were provided and its all IN the hotel. Lol. Like I told them, technically they are eating Penang food, only in a hotel of course *evil grin*

Niki was being nice to people as usual (maybe he should pay me to say this), so there was a night where everyone was given Rm10 and we're free to roam down to the nearby hawker street to fulfill their desire for PENANG FOOD.

I was sharing my funds with Gan, to widen up our choices of 'cuisine'. What do you know, my funds left with a negative RM2. And who the heck said Penang food is cheap??

#2
There were 2 contagious laughter BRATs.

I found the first one during the game of 'Honey, I Love You'.
This might seemed a lil mean, but she sucked big time in this game. Lol. Before the middle person able to do or say anything, she started laughing and blushing nonstop. I can already imagine her covering her mouth with her hands, taking 2 steps back and start laughing hysterically.

I'm not sure where I first heard the laughter of this 2nd person. She has this unique and hilarious type of laugh. And as said by others, she was never aware how her laugh sounded like!
While we're all laughing at some random jokes, we will probably spend the next few seconds laughing bout how she laugh upon it.

Ok, lets not say the word 'laugh' anymore.

#3
Loads and loads of Youtube videos were played during the workshop. Thanks to Niki's little interest of collecting funny and interesting vids.
During the multimedia session, he played the video of Gmail, Xbox, English language learning, Google, CNN and the most popular one, the Scrub's Guy Love! I think Ian loves that the most.

At other times, (just some little entertainment among us) there was the American Idol Renaldo Lapuz audition, Rick Miller doing the Bohemian Rhapsody (I love this the most) and some Russell Peters :)

#4
This might sound kinda unbelievable. but this batch of BRATs wasn't that enthusiastic to figure out our traditional BRATs riddles and IQ games!

I know I did torture them a little with some Papa and Mama. Before going on to Johnny Whoops and Grandma.
But when it comes to the arithmetics or we rather call it BRATematics, most of them gave up after few minutes and went back to their assignments!

Poor them, must be too stressed up.
Imagine you're so stressed up with assignments and suddenly someone asked you how many horses are there.

#5
Rubix cube!

I don't really know whatsup with Ian and Niki's obsession with the cube. But apparently there will be a huge commotion if there's someone actually able to finish it.

So far, I've only seen Kei done it. Did Jasmine finished that? Can't really recall it. I was busy playing the memory game using the cards. Darn it, took 4 people bout 10 mins to finish playing that.

#6
The BRATs really slept early during those 3 nites.

As usual we conduct the room check. To my suprise, half of them already lights off and sleeping! Oops, sorry for the 'inconvenience'.

Of course it sorta wasted my effort as well. As told, they were not suppose to open the door for anyone except the facilitators and the seniors. So after knocking or ringing the bell, I would start to dance in front of the door and hopefully they can recognise me thru the peephole.

Hey, I was bored k! Don't give me that eye-rolling look.

#7
Loads of creepy and weird tourist in the Sunway hotel.

I have nothing against Arab tourists or any hotel guests. But, it gets really creepy when they seemed to be TOO friendly.

I remember spotting Yew Chong being dragged into a conversation with few of the guys. They were showing him pictures and telling him their traveling experiences. I could see his expression that he wanted out from that conversation badly. But sorry man, couldn't rescue you out from there, I was rushing to get something done. lol.

During the last day, me and the other seniors were inside the van and ready to get to the bus station. I was waving goodbye to some of them who was waiting at the lobby front. While waving, this Arabian guy waved back at me and smile so ever happily as tho I'm related to him in an inseparable manner.

If only you could see my expression, there was a huge WTF written across my face.

#8
Vinu (if that's how you spell her name) has indirectly became the legendary aiyo ping pong piang BRAT. To make it shorter, sometimes we'll just call her the one.

Let say we have 20 rounds of the APPP game. Her group lost 16 rounds. 14 rounds was caused by her. lol.
Imagine she can sink her group 4 times in a row, and during that 4 times, it was their group to start off the new round! So imagine before even completing the APPP words, they already doomed theselves. Amazing.

She puffed, stoned, said Ping Ping and even shouted a group which doesn't exist.
No doubt, she is the one.

On another side note, apparently Niki still wanted to continue the tradition of using flour instead of musking tapes (due to the hotel policy of cleanliness in the function room). So, we played the final 6 rounds using flour(and water too) instead of tapes.

Niki: " Since its the end of the game, and group 2 got the worse out of any other groups...."

Ok, let me put away my watch and tag and sit in a comfortable position.
I can already see Muzani, Gan and Diyana running for cover. Of course the door was blocked by Phui Yee. So no point of running actually.

Before Niki able to finish his sentence of giving permission to group 2 to grab some flour and put it on anyone, I can already seen 2 or 3 of them came charging towards me with flour filled hands.

So yeah, moral of the story, seniors can never get away with it.

#9
The had hilarious performances, from all the 4 groups.

Seriously, it got us laughing so hard and nonstop.
It ranges from the imitation of Niki and Muzani to some inside jokes.

Added on with the Debra's laughter, it just took the entire thing up a notch.

#10
It's the very first workshop where the groups able to finish all their assignments!
1 slideshow presentation, 1 video presentation and 2 articles from each group. Never been done before. I seniored Taiping before this and they got either 1 slideshow or 1 video with 2 articles.

You guys totally nailed it. With all the stress and time constraint, still able to pull it off.
Good job :)
Or should I say great job?

Its all worthed it in the end, aint it? Nice articles being published in Ole Brats today. You can see your pretty and good looking faces in the papers as well as your hardwork.

Here are the videos from thestaronline.tv











...And some pictures from my phone




And yeah, regarding bout the group i seniored. It was the Group 1, also known as NewsFlash 10!
From some complication and a joke-turn-true incident, it somehow became NewsFlash 10.5. No prize for guessing who was the .5 fella :P

Kel Vin: The tai kor and editor of the group. Always cool and calm when managing the group.

Michelle: The tai kah che of the group and also the sub-editor. Hard worker. She barely stops working on her assignment. I don't think anyone can catch up with her

Julian: Quiet but efficient writer. He has some really nice articles written out

Wei Kang: The blur camera man. lol. But the video at Chew Jetty turned out fine aint it? :)

Mikha: My roommie as well! Cool guy and loads of ideas working up his head

Ming Yuen: He look darn serious. And of course his contribution to the group is seriously good as well (pardon my lame pun)

Joye Ter Ji-Xi: Don't ask me, somehow i remember her 'unique' chinese name. And yes Joye, you really brought alot of joy and fun to the group (once again, pardon my pun)

May Khei: The one who played it all cool and easy. I don't think I can see her being all stressed up. Shud have give her more riddles to mess with her a little:P

Kei: The asian cum mexican cum jap gal (somehow i'm not very comfortable with the 'cum' word). She entertains me alot. Lol. Its good in a way that I won't be free to disturb the others :P

Tammy: She's like this inseparable twin of Joye. They were like siamese twins at the Chowrasta market. So yeah, brought even more joy to the group. (don't worry, no pun here)

Thats my group! Congratulation on the article guys. In case you didn't notice, you guys had the biggest article in Ole BRATs! Almost half of the page k. And I sincerely would say that you all did an amazing job. With all the beautiful pics, creative articles and hard work on the video (although it was a lil overexposed, lets blame it on Panasonic camcorders this time k :P)

If I can remember, Kel Vin, Joye and Khei's pics got published rite? Haha, Khei's highly debated hotel pic got published afterall.

Damn, I'm gettin tired of blogging since hours ago. So lets end this alrite?

To my good pal Muzani, nice senioring with you AGAIN. Loads of funny shit and accents goin on...as USUAL :D

To Diyana, the noob senior (sorry to use the word noob, but you are! lol) your the one who has successfully convinced me to play concentration. Ku Ku Ku Ku!

To Gan, ANOTHER noob senior. I can see you're very passionate bout Spongebob and Patrick. Keep that up. And please control your excited laughter. Hehe

Nice senioring with you all :) Any workshop could be my last senioring due to particular reasons. So good luck especially to both of you noobs! I hope its a blasting first time senioring for you both. And congrats on the nicely done summary article :) Good adrenaline rush for the deadline eh?

Oh yeah, didn't have the chance to congrats Di on her scholarship. Congrats!

I'm gettin all long winded and as tho i'm receiving an award. Lol.

Ciaoz!

11 comment(s):

a v a said...

haha i am loving ur post!!
The vinu part was hilarious. and i think u've definently highlited the fun parts of the Penang Workshop! :)

Anonymous said...

How much do I owe you again?

Miux said...

Di: Of course there's quite some stuffs i cant write it there. I'm sure u know what i'm talkin bout ;)

Niki: Since you ordered the bulk package, it will be rm29.95 as you will get another 8 more compliments.

Anonymous said...

sigh compliments also need to buy wan. commercialized west malaysians!

Anonymous said...

haha.. love your post too!!! Funny lar..lol... the workshop was so fun,, and we had a blast senioring together.. loads of laughter..and laughter..and laughter.... lol....

Anonymous said...

omh miux this post made me laugh so hard! loved it! :D will be blogging about BRATs too hehe. procrastinate too much dy!

Anonymous said...

eh eh eh u very the entertaining tooooooo :D

Miux said...

mel: Technically ur in west malaysia as well now. So...wanna buy some compliments? :P Satisfaction guaranteed

gan: I know ur very excited during the workshop. probably ur still laughing till now, hehe.

michelle: congrats on ur post on the first day of the workshop then. lol. at least u've started.

kei: yeah, i'm entertaining when u guys making fun of me lah, haha

jasmine said...

wah, you have too much praises !
its time you know the real truth. :P
the truth is..

im more interesting and wayyyy coooler than you ( and obviously very annoying)

there there,
i know its hard to admit it.

hehe.


dari joking jasmine

Fern said...

Cool post. Lots of fun reading it!
Brings back lots of memories. Hahaha.
#1 Penang food? no big deal... hahaha. Penangite mah.. so jaded ledi.
#4 Argh. The horse question. I still can't figure it out. :P
#8 It's Vino. And she's in my school. Gonna have fun spreading word about this LEGEND when school reopens. muahaha.

Once again, cool post. Now to go check out all the other BRATs blogs. XD

Miux said...

jas: U salah post ke? Lol. Everyone talking bout brats and u talking bout coolness

of course its a known fact i'm too cool and interestng to be true. lol. of course u all can pretend not to see this comment since i am modest XD

fern: lol, i completely have no idea ur in the same sch with the legend. so...does she rule as much with other games in sch? :P