Monday, November 16, 2009

Twisties Bingit! In Penang

_DSC5164

As you all might probably know I work with this corporate training company called D' Jungle People. And DJP is involved for this Twisties event called Bingit! Don't ask me why its called as Bingit. It will be better as Rockit.

Anyway, its like a rockband search thingy with the usual American Idol style. Competition will take place every Saturday at different venues. Starting with The Curve, New World Park Penang, somewhere in JB, somewhere in Kuching and final 2 weeks in 1 Utama. So 1 band will be eliminated each week as they are touring around Malaysia (although i don't really consider 4 states as the whole Malaysia). Decision made by judges, I have no idea who are they. (Don't give me that stare k, as I admit that i'm not much of a local rock band fan)

_DSC5160

As said, DJP's job in this event will be crowd engaging and getting the audience to be hyped up. So basically we'll be playing instruments (stuffs like sticks, shakers, washboards, drums) and getting the people around to play with us as well.

Apart from that, we'll be conducting 3 main games on the stage during the intervals of the competition to keep the hype and crowd going. Awesome prizes if you ask me.

_DSC5178

Anyway I didnt take that many pics during the event as all of us were wearing the 'crew' tshirt, so we're not suppose to stand in the middle of the crowd as 8tv is recording the entire thing


_DSC5161

For this week's performances, there are some English mainstream rock songs being played like Linkin Park's One Step Closer, Red Hot's Can't Stop and Gavin Degraw's I Don't Wanna Be

_DSC5174

_DSC5180

_DSC5175

And the crazy people I'm working with during the event :)
_DSC5185

1 comment(s):

loopy said...

Eh, you have some pretty good photos. You took pictures at all the gigs? Can share with me??

Just pass me the CD :)

Cheers,
Ben