Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bird + Orchid + Hibiscus Park

DSC_0044

...or farm. I can't quite recall what they named it.
Anyway I went photoshoot with Esther again. We were overly ambitious to shoot every single park that's available there. But unfortunately, the bird park alone took us like 2 hours. So the deer and butterfly park will have to wait.

It's definitely ain't easy to shoot birds(with a DSLR) when most of the feather fellas were inside a cage. Wanna test how good/smart your lens can auto-focus? Go to a bird park.

It's not too bad inside, still having quite a number of species running/flying/hanging freely in the entire park. Don't ask me bout names, I can only identify the common ones.
The ostrich area apparently wasn't barricaded properly. Yeah, they have 7 foot fences at the front, but at the back, its just like a 4-5 foot cliff with small plants growing along the line. Can just easily jump inside(both visitors and the birds!). Talk about one of the most aggressive avian in there.

As for the hibiscus and orchid park, I barely took any shots. Probably Esther have better pics. Of all the days, we chose the day where there wasn't a single cloud up the sky. It was around 1.30pm and I thought I'm gonna die of heatstroke while trying to snap macro shots, squatted down.

Anyway, most flowers there looks dried up and dead, in comparison 'ikan kering' look much better. Not to forget a group of Jap youth came visiting the hibiscus park when we're there. Probably a group of 50 youths with a few tour guides. Poor fellas.

"Bring them to Mid Valley...bring them to Mid Valley", as I was exclaiming to myself.

P/s: I don't think I have any hibiscus nor orchid pics. lol

DSC_0016

DSC_0059

DSC_0079

This looks bloody creepy. Trust me, I was viewing it at 200% zoomed-in
Creepiness

DSC_0255

DSC_0070

DSC_0042

DSC_0081

DSC_0085

DSC_0279

DSC_0061

DSC_0142

DSC_0145

DSC_0170

DSC_0006

DSC_0188

Lost

DSC_0207

DSC_0218

...and this looks rather silly
Attention!

DSC_00051

DSC_0010

DSC_0134

DSC_0141

DSC_0251

DSC_0023

Hanging on

Taking a stroll

Observation

6 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

haha..true also..overly ambitious..but it was fun..except for d hot weather..when wanna go again..? tak puas hati that my earlier bird park pics not that nice.. :P

nice..ur passport pics of those birds..hehe.. :P

Miux said...

Haha, ur bird pics are good what.
I'm not too sure bout the sharpness yet la. But overall it looks good :)

Anonymous said...

yeah...its not sharp..haha..tht's why i said most kinda blur..haha ;P m very bad at moving stuffs..now u know why i prefer macro n flowers.. :P haha

JoYe said...

ur pictures...are superb. wow~ u inspired me 2 wan2 steal ur camera n skill

Miux said...

>soonghuei
Hehe, thats always the Unsharp Masking tool. We'll try with butterflies soon k. Although its gonna be even tougher :P

>Joye
I don't encourage either one of tht k. lol

Anonymous said...

lol..when i think of it rite..it's going to be really tough lor..butterflies flying around...smaller somemore..sigh..dad doesnt have any more lens longer than the one i used that day... :(

but anyway, looking forward to it!